I was thinking about a recipe: if I'll use few cups of pancake mix, some leftovers, few boiled eggs and grated mozzarella cheese...?? Hm...
This is the result!
- 5-6 cups pancake mix,
- a pinch of salt
- water to make a soft mixture(or you can also use milk!)
- 3 spoons vegetable oil(or 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted)
- (you can put one egg in to the mixture - I didn't, I had boiled eggs!)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese...
- red or green peppers patted dry and cut into 1/4" dice
- herbs as you like, fresh or dried - dill, basil, parsley
Preheat oven to 350F; line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners or nonstick spray; in a medium bowl, whisk together water/milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients - pancake mix and salt - to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not over mix; a few small lumps are fine). Gently fold in the mozzarella, the herbs and the peppers. Divide the batter evenly among the cups.
(I cut the eggs and 3 slices of Hungarian Salami and decorate the ..."muffins")
Bake for 35 min, until the top feel firm and take the toothpick test (it comes out clean).
Transfer to a rack to cool and serve them warm. You can add ketchup.